Why Artistic Swimming?
- It's a great way to build lifelong friendships with teammates and competitors.
- It is a unique aquatic sport that develops grace, strength, and endurance.
- Artistic (Synchronized) swimmers learn life skills such as: teamwork, time management, respect, commitment, perseverance, and co-operation.
- Superior cognitive skills are developed through use of music, counting, memorization, rhythm, coordination, and visualization.
- Mastery of complex skills, positions, and movements help to develop a swimmer’s sense of accomplishment and fulfillment.
- Water sports are physically challenging but gentle on joints and synchro has a low risk of injury compared to most other sports.
Artistic Swimming Explained
IF YOU ARE NEW TO ARTISTIC SWIMMING, this video story in the LA Times about the National Team and the work they are doing provides a great explanation and stunning visuals. If you are a long-time fan, this video is a real treat. If you are new to Artistic Swimming, prepare to be impressed! Their work is stunning and our very own Angelfish, Elisa Brunel, is featured! #GOALS